PDA

View Full Version : chrome menu being hidden behind js in Opera

sameerpanjwani
05-08-2006, 01:57 PM
Hi,

The chrome menu works perfectly with IE and FF, just that in Opera the menu gets hidden behind my Adsense code. Here's the link: http://www.choiceofhomes.com/index-try.php

Any ideas why it doesn't work and what I can do to have it fixed.

sameerpanjwani
05-08-2006, 06:09 PM
can anyone help? want to sort this out before i make the changes applicable to my site.

ddadmin
05-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Firstly, please note that your page is in violation of Dynamic Drive's usage terms (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/notice.htm), which, among other things, states that the credit notice inside script must stay intact. Please reinstate the notice.

Regarding your question, this is basically a browser rendering issue. Depending on the browser, it may choose to allow certain elements to always overlap a DHTML menu. You could try giving the div that holds the drop down menus a higher z-index, such as:

<div style="z-index: 100"></div>

This may or may not work though.

sameerpanjwani
05-09-2006, 03:30 AM
Hi, I've put in the notice.

The z-index doesn't seem to make a difference in Opera. So there nothing else I can do to fix it? Is it just an Opera-specific issue?

ddadmin
05-09-2006, 06:27 AM
I was going to suggest moving the drop down DIVs to beneath the Google ads physically in your source code, though upon trying that, it doesn't help either. This is basically a browser specific issue, yes, and while there are ways to overcome this, such as modifying the code to dynamically hide the entire google ad when the menu drops down, it really adds a lot of unecessary fluff to the code for something that probably is best resolved by the browser in time.

jscheuer1
05-09-2006, 07:29 AM
Yes, it has been my experience that nothing will display over an iframe in Opera. Hiding the thing is the only current option that I am aware of.

sameerpanjwani
05-09-2006, 07:31 AM
thanks for the responses. I'll either have to ignore Opera or not go in for this type of menu. Let's see. Thanks.