PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fade-in slideshow with popup

martino
05-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Script: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

Hi there, great script, just wondering how I can link the images to a popup instead of "_new"

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Martin

Twey
05-04-2006, 06:52 PM
Use _blank rather than _new.
This script does not appear to work in Firefox 1.5.0.3! Confirmation?

martino
05-04-2006, 06:58 PM
The problem is that I'm linking the fading images to a webpage that is 627 x 600.

//How can I add a centered, 627x600 popup for the following?:
fadeimages[0]=["images/t.jpg", "samples.htm", "_blank"] //plain image syntax
fadeimages[1]=["images/t1.jpg", "samples.htm", "_blank"] //plain image syntax

jscheuer1
05-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Use _blank rather than _new.
This script does not appear to work in Firefox 1.5.0.3! Confirmation?

I just received the automatic update to 1.5.0.3 (confirmed using help > about in FF) and it works fine with the demo page for U-Fade. This is not to say there aren't still a few issues with the 'official' version of that script in other browsers, most notably Safari (no generic opacity support in the script and that's what Safari uses) and likely in Opera9 (as yet unreleased) which is rumored to include support for generic opacity. Also there is a typo in the 'official' version that would render it unusable in any browser that recognizes KhtmlOpacity, even if any did so in any useful fashion, which is doubtful. Said typo probably would cause problems all the same in browsers that recognize that type of opacity, even if they don't use it as expected.

Twey
05-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Hm... very peculiar. It doesn't throw an error, but both slideshows sit at half opacity.

jscheuer1
05-04-2006, 07:27 PM
The problem is that I'm linking the fading images to a webpage that is 627 x 600.

There is no 627 x 600 webpage. The content may be limited to an area that size. To get a new window of those dimensions, you would need to use the window.open() method and integrate it into the slideshow script. However, many and an increasing number of browsers will not let you get away with this so, it is only marginally worth the effort. It is better to use a popup division or not to worry about it. Folks can resize their own windows if they need to, not everything has to fit precisely into a box to work, or even to look good.