PDA

View Full Version : Program to convert wma to gif?

pixiedust2
05-04-2006, 10:40 AM
I saw the thread down there that was kind of similar to this, but that one seemed to have avi as the original file. Anyways... I made this little movie with Windows Movie Maker, and want to save it as a gif. It's currently in a wma format, and I've tried various freeware out on the internet, but they either resize it weird, or put a little logo on it, which I don't want. This is a one off thing I'm making, so I'm looking for a simple free program that does the trick :)
Thanks in advance

Edit: would help if I put the right file name ay? *shakes head* that's meant to be wmv, not wma.

djr33
05-04-2006, 08:22 PM
WMA is windows media audio. That can't be what you mean.
WMV is windows media video, including audio as well. That's probably what you're after.
Oh... ok... you're note at the end... right. Ok.

Logo is because it wants you to pay. Use another program.

And don't use wmv to convert. Export as a format (avi? can you? full quality dv? (still avi, but high qual/compatible), then, if you can, open in quicktime. you can copy frame by frame into an animation program and then save that way.
I hate windows' formats for these things... not compatible, not easy to do anything with.

Twey
05-04-2006, 08:29 PM
The GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/) has several video-importing plugins.

pixiedust2
05-05-2006, 09:14 AM
Okay.. so is there a free program somewhere to convert it to an avi? All the ones I've come across still do the logo thing.

djr33
05-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Those are both free. The question has been answered.

You can use the method I described with opening in quicktime. Free download, www.quicktime.com (apple site), then pasting the frames into a free gif animator... lots of those.

Or, the GIMP, as linked to by Twey.

I_sEe_DeAtH_pEoPlE
05-22-2006, 07:28 PM
maybe if you use Flash 8 .... but you will have to convert it the wma to mov...

Twey
05-30-2006, 12:14 PM
nukacola.
Go away.

You have seven posts and every single one of them is advising people to buy this VidGIF thing.

djr33
05-30-2006, 02:43 PM
Agreed.

If you've got a point, make it... or, rather, you should have a while ago.

You're just spamming.