PDA

View Full Version : Gif/ImageReady Issues!!!

Foxiefyre
05-04-2006, 01:08 AM
Ok I am new to this place and to making an animation. I kinda surfed the web and played with Image ready... I created a cool logo ... however when I save it as a gift and try to view it in microsoft picture manager it is not animated???? So I tried loading it onto my photobucket site and well... lol... it looks awful and crazy and does things that I dont want it to do? Does anyone know why this is and how I fix it???

Here is what it looks like when I load it on to my photobucket:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a26/foxiefyre/Currupt-Logo.gif

djr33
05-04-2006, 02:09 AM
-----
Please actually title your thread with content... really annoying to have "help" 'cause 1. don't know what we're responding to, and 2. won't be able to find this if we need to reply again at some point.
-----

Your image is just bizarre. You have your banner thing, then you have a framerate of about 2 frames per second of what looks like it shoudl be on a white background, but is transparent, showing up below it....
your layers are wrong, their positions are wrong, and, I think, transparency is wrong.

I don't know what you did, nor what you want, so I can't really fix it....

note: i've never liked using imageready for animation... just feels like it isn't an animation program.

Twey
05-04-2006, 03:07 PM
however when I save it as a gift and try to view it in microsoft picture manager it is not animated????Ouch... the term is "GIF": "Graphic Interchange Format."
Firstly, perhaps this "Microsoft Picture Manager" does not support displaying animated GIFs? Try viewing it in a browser. Secondly, PhotoBucket is known to make images smaller. I've only ever seen it do this by resizing the offending image (badly), but I wouldn't be surprised if it cheerfully cut half the frames out of your animation. Find somewhere else to put it.

djr33
05-04-2006, 08:20 PM
On this browser (mozilla firefox pc), it looks the same, but there's no extra stuff displaying outside (below) the image.

The outlines of the layers are still white, like there's messed up transparency.

And... yes, maybe use a new host.

I still don't get what the problem is, because, if the image really has all that nasty white edging around the layers, I'm missing why you want to use it...
no offense... it just looks choppy.

darco9x2
05-05-2006, 03:45 PM
on the layers you're using, did you set them to have transparent backgrounds and then not delete all of the background on them?
that seems confusing to me, so ill restate it. Did you take an image with a white background, and use something like the magic wand tool in image ready and use it to click the background color, then use the eraser to alpha it out? if thats what you did, the reason you see the white spots is because you didnt remove it all. if thats not what you did, and it looks fine on your computer, try a different host. ive had problems with uploading animated gifs and they look weird. im not sure if its your host or not, but if its not your host then i would suggets going to all the layers and using the eraser brush to remove those white blobs.