PDA

View Full Version : Favicon vs I Explorer

cream
05-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Hi :)

One simple question!!

I followed all the instructions to generate a favicon for my website, and it works perfectly fine if I view my site with Firefox or Opera, but the icon doesn´t appear in I Explorer.

Do you know why??

http://www.comunidadf.com/

Cheers;)

Twey
05-03-2006, 03:16 PM
IE takes a few days to show new favicons sometimes. Try clearing the cache, that could help; however, I think IE may leave a residue. Whether that includes cached favicons or not, I'm not sure.

jscheuer1
05-03-2006, 04:55 PM
In the battle of:

Favicon vs I Explorer

I Explorer will always win. This probably has been corrected in the v7 about to be released but, I cannot be certain. I also do not know why favicon support is so spotty in IE. I think it is simply faulty coding that results in one or more double bind situations whereas if the favicon gets displayed at all, it is soon overwritten by the default addressbar icon. There are some tricks that usually will get the favicon to display in IE, but keeping it that way is another story entirely. You may also have noticed that if you bookmark a site with favicon or drag it to the desktop as an icon, IE will sometimes display the favicon in the bookmarks listing or on the desktop. Unfortunately, this too is only temporary, owing in all likelihood to the same or similar coding glitches.

Clearing the cache has little or nothing to do with these problems and may make them worse at times.

octavio@olguin.info
09-15-2006, 03:30 PM
It's weird....

the dynamic drive it is shown indeed... but the ones you create with the tool... won't...

I use IE7 and ccleaner, but still it won't show...

anyway.. let's keep waiting... or use Firebird.. whatever comes first ;)

Greetings to all..

Olguin

octavio@olguin.info
09-15-2006, 03:39 PM
a correction....

on IE7 with ccleaner... it wil show the favicon... it's on IE6, where it is not shown...

Honor where honor is due...

Olguin

Twey
09-15-2006, 03:55 PM
Firebird hasn't been called Firebird in a long time :p The name is already taken (http://www.firebirdsql.org/).