PDA

View Full Version : Add Image - rich text editor

juan_cruz
05-02-2006, 02:20 AM
Hi to all,

Please help.

I'm currently using the Cross-Browser Rich Text Editor of kevinroth. Is it possible to customize the ADD IMAGE OR INSERT IMAGE of this RTE or any rte to browse to local files instead of url? Just like when they click the ADD IMAGE.. it will prompt a window that has a option to browse local files.

djr33
05-02-2006, 03:07 AM
Wait... what are you asking?

How to use the program? I've never heard of it.

How to make a browse button for visitors to your page?

Something else?

juan_cruz
05-02-2006, 03:19 AM
thanks for the reply. eniwey check this out http://www.kevinroth.com/rte/demo.htm.. This is the javascript program

it has function to Add Image just like any other Rich-Text Editor.

It can add image that comes from the server or any url image directory. My question, is it possible to add image that comes from a local hard drive? (e.g. c:\my_pics.gif)

djr33
05-02-2006, 05:30 AM
Ok. I get what you're saying.

You could mean two things though:

1. You plan to operate on a local network setup and just want to LINK to your file.
The syntax for that link is just this:
file:///C|/my_pics.gif
(file colon triple forward slash, capital drive letter, vertical bar.... followed by slashes/directories/filenames)

2. You want to UPLOAD an image.
This is much more advanced coding. Not impossible, but not something you can just add in easily.
The easiest way, I think, would be using php.
www.php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.php <<info here
Basics: add a browse button in a form, have the user submit. Then make the form's "action" = the next page (php page) that will save the sent image as an image then you can use that url. (and *maybe* integrate it at this point to avoid having to cut/paste, but that would be a pain, maybe).
It would be easier to code an addition to the page (popup or something) than try to add it to the existing script.
Also, realize there are security issues involved with this... you can take precautions, but it's hard to make it really secure.

juan_cruz
05-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Thanks a lot bro.. i got it

kingkangtazhou
05-29-2006, 09:22 AM
thanks very much for this forum , that i have learned much about image editor, but i just want to thanks ImageWalker again! for it really helped me a lot!

http://www.yaodownload.com/video-design/imageeditors/image-walker_imageeditors.htm

Twey
05-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Is this what the OP meant? I think s/he was more concerned with using the RTE to insert an image...