PDA

View Full Version : I-Frame Help

ororomstorm
04-25-2006, 04:39 PM
Script: IFrame SSI Script
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/iframessi.htm

My question is this: I want(ed) to use this script for the left menu of my school's website. The problem is this: when a link is clicked, it opens in the iframe area. Is there any way to open links in the iframe in the normal window? If so, how? If not, what could I do to accomplish this task a different way, without using php?

Thanks

anonymouse
04-25-2006, 09:44 PM
In the code for the link add the 'target=' value to the code. For example
<a href="page.html" target="main">Link</a>
Assuming you want the content to load into another frame or iframe, use the name you have assigned to that frame.

ororomstorm
04-26-2006, 02:43 AM
To explain it in the easiest way, I have a page, index.htm, with an iframe on the left side of the page, menu.htm. Where in index.htm's code would I designate it as the main frame? Could you show me with an alternate color in the following code, or something similar?

I put this in the head of my html:

<script type="text/javascript">

/***********************************************
* IFrame SSI script- Dynamic Drive DHTML code library (http://www.dynamicdrive.com)
* Visit DynamicDrive.com for hundreds of original DHTML scripts
* This notice must stay intact for legal use
***********************************************/

//Input the IDs of the IFRAMES you wish to dynamically resize to match its content height:
//Separate each ID with a comma. Examples: ["myframe1", "myframe2"] or ["myframe"] or [] for none:
var iframeids=["myframe"]

//Should script hide iframe from browsers that don't support this script (non IE5+/NS6+ browsers. Recommended):
var iframehide="yes"

var getFFVersion=navigator.userAgent.substring(navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Firefox")).split("/")[1]
var FFextraHeight=parseFloat(getFFVersion)>=0.1? 16 : 0 //extra height in px to add to iframe in FireFox 1.0+ browsers

function dyniframesize() {
var dyniframe=new Array()
for (i=0; i<iframeids.length; i++){
if (document.getElementById){ //begin resizing iframe procedure
dyniframe[dyniframe.length] = document.getElementById(iframeids[i]);
if (dyniframe[i] && !window.opera){
dyniframe[i].style.display="block"
if (dyniframe[i].contentDocument && dyniframe[i].contentDocument.body.offsetHeight) //ns6 syntax
dyniframe[i].height = dyniframe[i].contentDocument.body.offsetHeight+FFextraHeight;
else if (dyniframe[i].Document && dyniframe[i].Document.body.scrollHeight) //ie5+ syntax
dyniframe[i].height = dyniframe[i].Document.body.scrollHeight;
}
}
//reveal iframe for lower end browsers? (see var above):
if ((document.all || document.getElementById) && iframehide=="no"){
var tempobj=document.all? document.all[iframeids[i]] : document.getElementById(iframeids[i])
tempobj.style.display="block"
}
}
}

if (window.addEventListener)
window.addEventListener("load", dyniframesize, false)
else if (window.attachEvent)
window.attachEvent("onload", dyniframesize)
else
window.onload=dyniframesize

</script>

And I put this into the body:

<iframe id="myframe" src="menu.htm" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" vspace="0" hspace="0" style="overflow:visible; width:100%; display:none"></iframe>

All help is greatly appreciated!!