PDA

View Full Version : ModalDialog with no title bar

rikin
04-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Hi. I am trying to get a modalDialog with no titlebar in it. I am using showModalDialog method. I don't need to have a titlebar into that modal. I want to know some way to do that using javascript. As we can remove status part from the modalDialog, is there any way we can completely omit the titlebar also?? i want to do that because i don't want user to close the dialog by clicking on the close(X) button on the right corner. They will be closing the dialog through the cancel button that i have on my modeldialog. Please help with it. Thanks.

Twey
04-20-2006, 08:44 PM
Don't use showModalDialog(). It's IE-only. Try the DHTML Window script here at DD instead. You can remove the titlebar from it and stop it losing focus without too much trouble.

jscheuer1
04-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Not really, the title bar is now a security feature:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/methods/showmodelessdialog.asp

That's MS page on modal dialogue, no mention of removing the title bar. You may be able to remove the title bar in some browsers using title=0 with the window.open() method but, most browsers will not allow it.