PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if there is a script or not....

mrmotivation
04-20-2006, 07:30 AM
Here is what I am looking to do and quite honestly, I don't know if it is a javascript or if it would be more of a PHP script.

I am doing a website design for a radio station. One of the features that I would like to put on there would be to have a LIVE ON AIR corner of the page and have it be a picture or image of whatever dj's shift that is. I want it to automatically change everyday at that time.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Aaron

djr33
04-20-2006, 12:17 PM
Sure.... possible (I don't know enough JS myself to write it, but that would be very possible for someone who does know JS well).

The catch is that you'd have to make it be based on a schedule.... which would be a pain. That's the hard part.

If it were every day a different person, then that would be quite easy... but if it's semi-random, then it'll be weird. You'll have to store that data somewhere, then use it to base the js off...

and, not that we're talking about storing data, you might just want to use php. it can use databases. It's a bit more complex, but it'll do what you want on the server side (then send to the viewer), not client side, so the viewer's browser doesn't have to be compatible with a certain script, just the pure html the php will output.

Again, it's really easy to do what you're asking, except for setting up the schedules... that's weird.