PDA

View Full Version : positioning/image thumbnail viewer II

momonline
04-20-2006, 12:13 AM
can someone please go to my site www.makeovermagic.org and click on GALLERY ONE -- i want to get the images centered in the gray box (within a table), but i have tried all that i can to make this happen, and nothing is working. the images are all different widths/heights so i can't set left or right; i was able to set "top" which was helpful, and now i just want them centered.

:(

thanks,

Marsha

jscheuer1
04-20-2006, 06:43 AM
You are using too much position:relative; and position:absolute; on your page. Also, inserting elements just to center another element is rarely a good idea. Things will work out fairly well (for the table at least) if you change all this:

<div align="center">
<center>

<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

<table border="0" bordercolor="#000000" cellspacing="0" bordercolorlight="#C0C0C0" bordercolordark="#000000" style="border-collapse: collapse; position:absolute; top:100" cellpadding="0"><tr>
<td id="dynloadarea" width="26" height="18">
</td></tr></table>

</div>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

</center>
</div>

to:

<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

<table align="center" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr>
<td id="dynloadarea" width="770" height="640" style="text-align:center;vertical-align:middle;">
</td></tr></table>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

The only huge problem then being that:

http://www.makeovermagic.org/bianca.jpg

is too wide for the background.

momonline
04-20-2006, 09:10 AM
John, thanks - i know there's a lot going on with the page - i just didn't know what could and could not be deleted -- i've printed out what you wrote and will work on cleaning it up and resizing some of the images.

thanks again for your time,

Marsha