PDA

View Full Version : Creating 360 degree views

Freeman
04-19-2006, 02:25 PM
What program do you use to create a 360 degree view of a place? This is what I know so far. you can stand in one spot and turn around while taking pictures. I think with Adobe you can take those pictures and put all of them together and you can look around at all the pictures. I don't know how they did this though, any help would be great. JF

djr33
04-20-2006, 06:34 AM
This may be possible through javascript, flash and other means, but the only time i've seen this used is with quicktime.

go to apple.com and check out their "360 views of products" or whatever they call them.

basically, it'll let your mouse control spinning rate, and it'll change the controls on a quicktime movie.

those are just movies, but filmed in a way that they circle, then played as if it were a camera you were spinning around... it's fake.

you can also actually save 'round' panoramic images, then use qt like above.
there are two kinds... inward and outward. One circles around an object and the other looks from a point outward.
however, this is only something i've seen used with CG (3D computer graphics) models, not real world stuff. you need actual 'analog' data for that... the computer can't make up angles for you.

Look up Quicktime VR (virtual reality).

You need to create the panoramic view in photoshop or whatever... just stand, click, turn a bit, click, turn, click, and you've got you images (take maybe 10... maybe more... depends how much detail you want) then line them up in photoshop, clean up the edges, make it one really wide image, and then you can use QT to display that like above...

Anyway... that's a starting point. I don't know much about it.

also, I believe there is some freeware out there that can help you, but I'm not sure.

Just google it, then google for examples to get some ideas.

graf
04-20-2006, 07:42 AM
Ulead 360 that what you need

djr33
04-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Does that work with QT VR? Or is it something independant?

Freeman
05-10-2006, 02:57 PM
So I downloaded a couple of programs and got them installed. Most of them are a little to hard to just "figure out." So I still don't know how the heck you can do it but O well. Maybe someday someone can answer my question. JF

moscarda
06-08-2006, 03:44 PM
google "stitcher" ... i believe that is the term for what you're talking about. there are dozens of programs for that. what platform are you on?