PDA

View Full Version : Document-in-document script

ororomstorm
04-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Script: Document-in-document script
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex3/docsindocs.htm

My question is this: I want to use this script, but the area designated as the script has a white background. Is there any way that I could change the coding to allow the background of this to be transparent as to see the normal page's background?

Thanks

Twey
04-11-2006, 07:39 PM
That "script" is stupid, not very compatible, and completely pointless. Use an iframe. Set allowtransparency="true" on the iframe tag, for IE, set its background-color to transparent, and don't specify a background colour in the included page.

djr33
04-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Or use a php include. Those are really easy to get used to even if you don't know php at all.
They'll just grab source from another page, and drop it right into the spot where you put the command:

<?php include("filename.ext"); ?>
Only catch is that the page you're including into must end with ".php" and your host must have php enabled/installed.

You also can't control width/height very well... but you could try using a table or something.

Twey
04-11-2006, 09:35 PM
If he/she isn't using a server-side language, I suspect that he/she probably does not meet these requirements.