PDA

View Full Version : Help with chrome css

frogmanandy
04-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Ok, I think I have it mostly right, but when you rollover my menus the dropdowns appear in odd places
see www.bossfrog.com/bosstest.html

thanks in advance

jscheuer1
04-09-2006, 09:02 PM
This menu is so heavily dependant upon style that putting it inside of other elements that are also styled is a crap shoot. I am not affiliated with Dynamic Drive, but even if I were, this would not change the fact that I, personally, am about fed up with supporting this menu. You can try editing the script to place the drop downs in a different position but, this often varies from browser to browser and from window size to window size. You can change the styling of the container and/or the menu itself but, this usually has the same drawbacks as editing the code. My best advice is to either use this menu by itself, outside of anything else on your page except the body, or to use another menu.

frogmanandy
04-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Thanks, I guess.... bummer I thought this might be a good solution

ddadmin
04-10-2006, 04:49 AM
The main chrome DIV provides the anchor for where the drop down menus should be positioned underneath using, so unless you're putting the menu inside more unique set ups like a positioned DIV, it should work all the same.

Looking at the source of your page, I see an obvious error that should be fixed before any debugging can be done:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="chromestyledemo.css" />

It references a non existent css file "chromestyledemo.css".