PDA

View Full Version : Popup window without focus

zxmn50
04-06-2006, 08:38 PM
How can i create a pop window without focus on it.

I have a situation where user may be working on some other applications, and my application browser refreshes and makes ajax calls to server for status, on a particular status, i want to popup a browser window, but users should be able to continue what they are doing without disturbing.:mad:

jscheuer1
04-07-2006, 04:23 AM
After the window does whatever it might do that is bringing it to the top, have it do a:

self.blur()

That will send it back below whatever was on top before, usually without appearing on top at all.

zxmn50
04-07-2006, 08:43 PM
well, i don't even want to focus on parent window. Parent page could be refresshing a javascript function, that function would be claling server code on some status.

User might be working on some other windows, Without user events and getting focus on parent window, i want to open a popup window.
Lets say user browsed parent window, and now typing a mail from outlook, and that browser window finds some status on server, and it needs to open a popup. User shouldnot panick, and continue what he is doing on outlook without losing focus.