PDA

View Full Version : Need a script that will scroll content in Safari too!

Alphawolf
04-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Hello Guys,
I wonder if there is anyone out there that knows of a script that will allow some content on a page to be scrolled up or down on a rollover, and that will also allow thumbnail images on the scrollable content to be clicked on, that will display their large image on the rest of the page?

I'm trying to build a specific Gallery page for a site, and my friend wants the thumbnails to be in a long vertical line down the side of the page (Scrolling) and the displayed image to be static on the page itself. MOST IMPORTANTLY, I need a script that will work in IE Netscape, but essentially in Safari too. I know this is probably a very tall order, but if anyone can help, I'd very much appreciate it if the could let me know where I might be able to find something suitable.

Thanks very much for your time,

Alphawolf

skilled1
04-04-2006, 04:40 PM
the only aaplet i know of something like that is featured here

http://aloha-webdesign.com/

for a text posting program, I am sure if you contacted the site owner, he could provide the code, and you could modify it to suit your needs.

Alphawolf
04-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Thanks for your reply, Skilled1.
I'm afraid I didn't really understand what the link was pointing me too! I'm certainly not looking for any java applets, as that is a world that I know nothing about. I just want to be able to scroll the one layer up and down, and click on the contained thumbnails and let them be displayed elsewhere on the page. (I'm not very good at explaining that very well!)

If there is anyone who knows of a script, I'd be really grateful for any info.

Thanks guys,

Alphawolf

skilled1
04-05-2006, 09:29 PM
No problem, but the script located there, is one that wil ldo just that, already has the arrows needed to scroll up and down, and displays another page. all you would need to do is comment out, or remove the ability to post to that page, and expand the window to suit your needs.

Twey
04-05-2006, 09:32 PM
That site says they have no Java or Javascript code. By the way, skilled1, an applet refers only to Java. The term does not apply to Javascript.

skilled1
04-05-2006, 11:38 PM
That site says they have no Java or Javascript code. By the way, skilled1, an applet refers only to Java. The term does not apply to Javascript.

http://aloha-webdesign.com/index.asp?fuseaction=details&pid=16

well if anyone needs it i know the owner.

Rohan72
04-06-2006, 03:03 PM
that page has NOTHING to do with content scrolling...
It seems to me that someone is trying to advertise a message board program.

skilled1
04-06-2006, 04:12 PM
it seems you can not read Rohan72, as stated a FEW TIMES NOW, if you get that code, it can be easilly modified to suit this users needs, as well as I offered to get the code for free if anyone needs it.

Keep the trolling down.

Twey
04-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Yes, I found it, but I can't see any messages I post...