PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't work in IE 5!

neilkw
04-04-2006, 12:26 AM
I have been happily building away and learning css, previewing my progress in safari and FF, until I looked at my work in IE 5.2 (macintosh) ...or more specifically, I couldn't a thing!

Is there a piece of genius code that can sort this?
http://www.urbancreations.co.uk/fiona/2links.htm

thanks

djr33
04-04-2006, 01:56 AM
Sorry, but i'm not sure what I should be testing for specifically...

I'm trying it in safari... looks.. simple...? links do flash on rollover, though.

Ew. Just tried in IE 5 (mac too). That's just weird. Doesn't show up AT ALL. Odd, really.
Well... I don't know CSS, but I can at least tell you that it indeed doesn't work in IE5 for mac. However, LOTS of stuff doesn't work in there. You might have to choose between doing it and having it work in all browsers.

I use IE5 to test. If it works there, it should work EVERYWHERE!

You have an open comment at the start of your css.

Why don't you just end the comment?

"<!--
..."

Just change that line to
"<!-- -->"
Or... if lazy, just take it out.

EDIT: FIXED!!

Just take out the line mentioned above and it works perfectly. It seems that IE5 doesn't end comments with line breaks like other, less strict browsers do.

:)

benslayton
04-04-2006, 04:00 AM
I just checked it out IE the latest Edition and the links roller there is no text though.

I'm not sure that you can even put a code in to sort it. It may not work. Maybe someone else knows.

djr33
04-04-2006, 05:04 AM
Nah. Check my post. It's fixed.

If you look at the source, there's nothing on the page; it's just a layout.

The issue was that NOTHING was appearing in IE5... due to the extra half-comment near the top.

benslayton
04-04-2006, 05:10 AM
opps! my bad . How did I miss that?

djr33
04-04-2006, 05:12 AM
Dunno. No problem. 'Least it's fixed.

benslayton
04-04-2006, 05:16 AM
That's Right. ;)

neilkw
04-04-2006, 09:33 AM
cheers guys. IE always keeps me on my toes.
problem fixed