PDA

View Full Version : MSIE6 Information Bar blocking

tone2
04-02-2006, 03:19 AM
Help!
I am totally new to using scripts!

I have inserted a dynamic drive script into my web page using Dream Weaver.

When I preview the page in MSIE6 the information bar blocks the script from running, I have to click the information bar to get it to run.

However when I view the same script live on the Dynamic Drive web site the information bar does not appear at all!

Does anyone know why this is? How does the Dynamic Drive web site bypass the infromation bar?

Thanks,
Tony

benslayton
04-02-2006, 03:27 AM
Yea, it's because the files are on your computer. If you put it on th internet and view it that way it won't do that.

Or:

If you don't have a website and you don't feel like accepting the info bar every time, just leave the browser up, don't close it, use only to view the page in it.

When you save the page.Go back to the browser and click refresh.

benslayton
04-02-2006, 03:28 AM
Just a random question what version of dream weaver are you using?

Twey
04-02-2006, 10:50 AM
Yea, it's because the files are on your computer. If you put it on th internet and view it that way it won't do that.The way I understand this is that files run locally from your computer have elevated access to your system resources (e.g. they can use AJAX to read in local files). This could be a security risk, so IE warns you about it. If you add The Mark Of The Web (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/overview/motw.asp) to it, such local access will be blocked, just as if the page were on the Web, so there will be no need for the alert.