PDA

View Full Version : Image Thumbnail Viewer II

momonline
04-01-2006, 02:57 AM
in the "sample" given here: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail2.htm

the thumbnails are on the left and the larger images appear to the right of them; however, the setup put the larger image underneath the thumbnails -- how can i have a list of images on the left up/down and the larger image be to the right of them, as in the sample?

thanks,

Marsha

p.s. this is the best site of i've been to for learning purposes -- thanks for all the help!!:) :) :)

LJ2K
04-01-2006, 06:16 PM
Each of the smaller images contain a link field in the Head part of the script (ie. dynimages[0]=["photo1.jpg", "http://www.cnn.com"], just replace the URL with the location of the "before" image. The image will load in the same browser window.

You can centre all the images by placing the Center command around the Body part of the script (ie. <center> ...image & Div tags would go here... </center>) or just centre the larger image like this <center><div id="dynloadarea" style="width:80px;height:225px"></div></center>

I can't answer your 3rd question as I've been trying to figure it out as well.

Hope this helps you! :D

momonline
04-01-2006, 07:08 PM
LJ2K,

thanks for the help -- centering images and linking worked.

if you come across the solution of having the thumbnails and larger images appear side-by-side as in the example, let me know.

thanks.

Marsha

jscheuer1
04-02-2006, 04:04 AM
if you come across the solution of having the thumbnails and larger images appear side-by-side as in the example, let me know.

On the example page (you can use your browser's "view source" to see by the way) this is done by putting the thumbnails in one cell (<td> tag) of a table and the larger image 'loading area' in the next cell on the same row.

momonline
04-02-2006, 03:00 PM
John,

thanks -- i printed out the view source of the sample (very helpful). i see the <td> tag -- for a beginner, that looks quite difficult to figure out, but i'm gonna give it my best!

thanks again,

Marsha

jscheuer1
04-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Without the table, the <td> by itself will make for strange looking things, you need at least this much to use two cells in a row:

<table>
<tr>
<td>thumbnails here</td><td>dynloadarea here</td>
</tr>
</table>