PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Menu - Horizontal Scrollbar showing without reason.

xcrap
03-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Hi.

After applying your chrome menu to my webpage an horizontal scrollbar appears.

If i pass the mouse over all the menus the scrollbar dissapears.

Does anyone have any ideia why is doing that and how can i fix it ?

.alias.
03-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Please post alink to the code you are using from Dynamic Drive and a link to your site so i can see it please

xcrap
03-26-2006, 05:24 PM
I've uploaded the menu to a temporary location here:

http://www.acores.net/canalacores/temp_index.php

As you can see it appears a scrollbar in the end. If i remove the menu it dissapears.

Also if i pass with the mouse over all the menus it also dissapears, but i have to pass the mouse in all the menu's, i can't see what the problem can be, i tryed to check the css and the js code but i can't se where the problem is :|

.alias.
03-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Well i cant help you as i see no problem sorry

xcrap
03-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Also i was trying centering the menu, i've tryed text-align:center in the chrome div but nothing work, i don't know if you have any ideia on how to do that.

.alias.
03-26-2006, 05:31 PM
i really do need you to give alink to the DD code for it. This is what the rules ask for. I might be able to help with centering if you give me a link to the dd code

xcrap
03-26-2006, 05:34 PM
I will put it there once i get it working correctly.

I'm using another menu in www.acores.net/canalacores in this moment.

.alias.
03-26-2006, 05:37 PM
This is the link i was after

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/chrome/index.htm

Now i will think about having alook to see if i can center it. But in future nobody will responde if you dont post the link

xcrap
03-26-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm sorry, i tought you wanted a link back to DD from the webpage.
The menu is inside a div i already created, i'll try to remove from the div to see if the scrollbar dissapears.

.alias.
03-26-2006, 05:48 PM
Nah i cant seem to find how to do it, you could always just add a lot of extra spaces in before your first dropdown menu

jscheuer1
03-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Chrome menu is very hard to center. Even if you do, which actually isn't all that hard, then the drop downs get out of whack. They can then be tweaked but this breaks down at different window sizes/screen resolutions.

xcrap
03-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Cant do that. The menu is dynamic, it changes if the user is logged in and logged out and it changes with the "username" length.

Thank you anyway.

xcrap
03-26-2006, 06:37 PM
I solved the scrollbar thing.

I just had to put a <div class="clear"></div>

the .clear class is { clear:both }

Is anyone have the same problem this seems to be the solution.