PDA

View Full Version : How to refresh only a certain portion of the screen?

Lattman
03-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Hi Everyone,

This will be my first post to greetings to the users of this forum!

What I would really need your help with is basically on what type of coding I need to use in order to update only the "WHITE" portion of the following web site: www.global-uniforms.com , what I mean by that is I have about 70 items I would like to display with the help of a previous and next button. Two items will be displayed at one time...

Unfortunately I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to HTML or JAVA, I was told a JAVA script or frames could be used...(I'm not too interested in scroll bars, don't find them too nice..)

Thx
Lat

Twey
03-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Your latter suggestion seems more sensible. This is what iframes (inline frames) are for. The syntax:

<iframe src="external_page.html">
P.S. please read the signature.

Lattman
03-23-2006, 09:37 PM
I can live with that, does that mean every 2 items will be a new sub-page? Also, how can I format (Size) or Locate the frame right over that white spot I mentionned earlier?

One last questions, how can I "Link" the next and previous buttons to new sub pages like you mentionnes?

Thx again

Twey
03-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Also, how can I format (Size) or Locate the frame right over that white spot I mentionned earlier?width and height attributes are supported, although CSS is preferred.

I can live with that, does that mean every 2 items will be a new sub-page?A new page, in fact. You can link them together like a normal site, but it will appear in the iframe instead of a browser window.