PDA

View Full Version : Custom scrollbar within div layers

jellibabi
11-24-2004, 11:15 AM
Custom Scrollbar
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/pagescroller.htm

I'm looking for some help with this script - whether or not it can be used within div layers to make each section scroll. I've fiddled around with the code and can't get it to work, and I'm wondering if it's possible at all, and if so how to get it to work.

Thanks in advance,
Erica

jellibabi
12-01-2004, 09:06 AM
Bump...

Anyone got any ideas on this? Or are my attempts futile...?

chinchilla2
12-07-2004, 03:55 PM
Me thinks they may be futile.

You could try using Iframes instead.

ddadmin
12-10-2004, 11:00 PM
Unfortunately it would be difficult to modify this script to scroll only parts of the page content. An easier way like someone mentioned above is to use iframes, or for inline content, do something like:

<div style="width: 200px; height: 200px; background-color: yellow; overflow:scroll; overflow-x: hidden">
<p>df<p>dfdf<p>df<p>dfdf<p>df<p>dfdf<p>df<p>dfdf<p>df<p>dfdf
</div>

The key is overflow: scroll, which is supported by both IE and Firefox/ Mozilla. overflow-x is only supported in IE, and disables the horizontal scrollbar.

akhanmir
05-19-2011, 10:31 AM
hi every one
i m newbie in js. i m using this script with on iframe .. but my problem is that, I have to use this script in table. means i want to keep my header constant and want to move rows of my table with script like this one... i will be thankful if u guys can provide some relative material