PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help With My Background Music

thesent
03-21-2006, 11:51 PM
Hi Everyone, I've been trying to handle music background music in many ways but just can't find any good one that works for me.
Actually i'm building a site in which i want to add .MP3 music as bg sounds, but the sound keeps buffering because the music takes time to load.

I don't know how anyone can help, i've tried to compress the music files, but that didn't work out, instead the sound became horrible :D ,

Now what i need is how i can making the music to play automatically only when it has loaded completely, so it won't buffer.

Please i need a help on this, this is my first post on this forum, (Long codes could scare me :eek: ) Thanks

The Sent

Samsoske
03-22-2006, 12:56 AM
Hi "thesent"

I do not think there is any way of doing this, im afraid, unless you made you site with flash. But wouldn't just a <onmouseover> link effect just work in your case? So people have a choice to play it if they want. Cuase it does get irratating if a site plays a different song on every page, with no option to turn it off. This way, if you make the <onmouseover> link, you will probably keep most visitors???

Think about it?////

.alias.
03-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Sorry to bring this back up but i just saw it an thought you could Use Javascript to preload the music file like with images, then use the embed html tags to put the music onto your site giving the user the control of if it played, and the volume

Twey
03-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Background sound is evil anyway. Don't use it; it's a waste of bandwidth and it annoys users. If you must use sound on your website, put it on a page where the user will be expecting it, and never autostart.

djr33
03-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Background music is stupid. Put an embedded quicktime player at the bottom of the page for your sound. That way, they'll have controls and it only has to play when its done.... if they choose that, or ....maybe you can control it. Not sure.
QT actually has a programming language all to itself... but that's probably not worth getting into.