PDA

View Full Version : Resizing popups in the following script

keychain
11-24-2004, 01:33 AM
OK, first off, before I ask my question, let me just say ... What a site! After days of hunting around the Web for a script that would accomplish what I needed, I finally found it here at Dynamic Drive, and I imagine I'll be making some regular stops here from now on. Kudos to you guys for the great work.

All right, so this was the one that did the trick: Blending Image Slideshow Script (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/image4.htm). Essentially, it allows you to rotate a sequence of images, each with its own specific pop-up link.

I've been toying around with the script on my site, and all is working as promised. However, I'd now like to customize my popups:

Specify the size of the popup window (width and height)
Specify the screen position
Disable user resizing
Disable scrollbars, toolbars, etc.
Ensure that the popup links load into the same window, rather than creating a series of new windows.

I know this is pretty basic stuff, and is fairly simple to apply to basic popup situations -- I just can't figure out where it should be applied in this particular script. I can't seem to get any of the parameters to work. Any guidance would be most welcome.

Thanks so much!

Don Keychain

keychain
11-24-2004, 11:00 PM
OK...

HELP! Getting desperate! Yeah, I know -- it's Thanksgiving Eve, and my post has been up less than 24 hours. But my site is ready to go live all but for this one little issue.

Any quick guidance will be rewarded with ..... um ..... a reward! Yes, that's it -- a reward!

Thanks ;)

Don

keychain
11-26-2004, 09:24 PM
OK, I managed to figure out answers to a couple of my own questions.

For specifiying the popup size and disabling scrollbars, this did the trick. The original script line ...

window.open(slidelinks[whichlink])

... was tweaked to include the stuff in bold:

window.open(slidelinks[whichlink],'','width=520,height=553')

Now, I'll be all set if I can figure out how to enable these two properties:

-- Make each link load into THE SAME POPUP WINDOW
-- Randomize the whole slideshow in the first place

Please -- I'm begging for help at this point! Please ... even purty please.

Thanks,
DK

cr3ative
11-27-2004, 06:42 AM
I seem to remember trying to randomize this script...

*searches forums*

cr3ative

keychain
11-27-2004, 12:35 PM
I searched the forums. Believe me -- I'm obviously desperate for a solution. But the only results that popped up were for Mysticode's two futile posts from this week.

I tried "Blending Image" and "random," plus "randomize," "randomizes," "randomizing." Nothing. If you're telling me I'm missing some post from the past, the only hope left is that the poster was British... guess I'll go try variations on "randomise" now ...

cr3ative
11-27-2004, 01:22 PM
I'm British, but there are so many fine Americans online that I typo occasionally.

edit: BitSpirit is eating all my bandwidth right now, I'll start work on the script if you bump this tomorrow.

cr3ative

keychain
11-27-2004, 01:29 PM
All right, I've got a solution to the randomization question.

To randomize the slideshow, change this line

whichimage=(whichimage<slideimages.length-1)? whichimage+1 : 0
to this:

whichimage=Math.floor( Math.random()*slideimages.length );

To ensure that the slideshow starts with a different image each time, change these lines

var whichlink=0
var whichimage=0
to this:

var whichimage=Math.floor( Math.random()*slideimages.length );
var whichlink=whichimage;

OK, so that takes care of randomizing. Now, can anybody help me get the slideshow links to load into the same popup window????

Danke schoen,
Don Keychain

keychain
11-27-2004, 01:32 PM
cr3ative,

Looks like we crossed messages. As you can see, I got the random thing figured out. Getting links to open into the same single popup window would now be my final quest...

Thanks!

cr3ative
11-27-2004, 05:34 PM
*thinks*

http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/javascript/popupwindows.html

Yarr, we need to implement this.

cr3ative

Mysticode
11-30-2004, 05:29 AM
Thank you keychain.

ddadmin
11-30-2004, 09:35 PM
Ok, regarding the customized popup window to contain each link when clicked on, try modifying function gotoshow() from:

function gotoshow(){
"
"
}

to:

function custompop(){
if (window.popwin && !popwin.closed)
popwin.location=slidelinks[whichlink]
else
popwin=window.open(slidelinks[whichlink], "", "width=500px, height=500px")
popwin.focus()
}

function gotoshow(){
if (newwindow)
custompop()
else
window.location=slidelinks[whichlink]
}

To customize the dimensions of the popup, simply change 500px above to another. Hope this works.

keychain
12-01-2004, 04:28 PM
Thanks so much, Mr. Admin.