03-20-2006, 11:41 PM
I sorry, if this is not supposed to be posted here, but the gradient image
maker keeps bringing up the LOAD INTERFACE
message up at the bottom of the screen (or generator). If this is a browser
problem, then just to let you know, the generator does not work in the latest
version of IE. ????

ddadmin
03-21-2006, 12:19 AM
Do you have JavaScript or referral information disabled in IE? That's the main reason why you may get that error message.

Twey
03-21-2006, 02:43 PM
Some firewalls may cause problems too.

Samsoske
03-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Posted By ddadmin

Do you have JavaScript or referral information disabled in IE? That's the main reason why you may get that error message.

No, thats the thing. My browser has everthing working, and switched on.

Posted By Twey

Some firewalls may cause problems too.

But i have used online generators and wizzards before, that message has never come out in the past.?

Oh well, I am not sure what the problem could be my side?

Twey
03-21-2006, 03:49 PM
But i have used online generators and wizzards before, that message has never come out in the past.?It's just because this one relies on the Referer header for something (not sure what, though).

ddadmin
03-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Does the problem occur consisently (everytime), and on a different browser for you too?

Samsoske
03-21-2006, 06:59 PM
posted byddadmin

Does the problem occur consisently (everytime), and on a different browser for you too?

Yes, everytime i try the generator, it comes out with that message.

posted byTwey

It's just because this one relies on the Referer header for something (not sure what, though).

I am just curios, i have never heard off "Referer Header's" does that mean redirect, like a META tag or something?///

Twey
03-21-2006, 07:01 PM
I am just curios, i have never heard off "Referer Header's" does that mean redirect, like a META tag or something?///No. The Referer header is an HTTP header that commonly holds the value of the page on which the link to this one was found.

Samsoske
03-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Could it maybe mean, that i am missing a step?///

I mean, i choose the type of gradient i want, the two colors, the formatt and click generate/////the next screen pops up, looks like it's working, then spits out the "load interface" message. When i close the window the message is at the bottom of the generator as well.

But if nothing works, who cares. I thought i may as well tell the ddadmin about the bug.

Twey
03-21-2006, 07:10 PM
ddadmin knows about this one already. It's to do with your setup/firewall configuration (although it is a problem that the script relies upon the notoriously unreliable Referer header; I suppose it is still beta).
Could it maybe mean, that i am missing a step?///No.

Samsoske
03-21-2006, 10:01 PM
setup/firewall configuration

But what the heck could my firewall do to stop me from using that generator, or others like it?:eek:

Twey
03-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Strip your Referer header. A lot of firewalls do it as a security measure.

Samsoske
03-21-2006, 10:38 PM
Oh well, then my stupid firewall can have it's way. (dont worry, i know how to
turn it off and all, set filters, modify it and all).

So sorry for posting my Load Interface thread here, i guess it was just another
case of a clients problems, who thinks the website has a problem.

anyway, good day to all... :)

Twey
03-22-2006, 06:33 AM
i guess it was just another
case of a clients problems, who thinks the website has a problem.Relying on the Referer is a problem, and one that I presume will be fixed for the final version.

Samsoske
03-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Anyway, at least I know what i must consider with these generators, before thinking it's a bug....!

Well, if the generator is still, beta, good luck with it! (the ddadmin that is).

Bye,