PDA

View Full Version : Page Footer and Header

turik
03-20-2006, 03:12 PM
Hi Everybody!

I've got a question for us...

Does anybody know how to eliminate all information that Microsoft Internet Explorer prints in each page on the footer and the header throu a JavaScript or CSS without using any kind of external control or setting up the page setup in the menu?

Thank you guys for your time! Greetings.

turik

jscheuer1
03-20-2006, 03:33 PM
Unless you are talking about saving pages in IE, I am not aware of IE doing anything like what you are talking about. If you are talking about IE's 'save page as' option, I didn't even know it could be configured. That would be the way to go as any javascript or css solution wouldn't alter the page's code and in the case of javascript, would do nothing if javascript were turned off. If you are talking about something else, please explain in more detail.

Twey
03-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Unless you are talking about saving pages in IE

information that Microsoft Internet Explorer prints in each page on the footer and the header
I think he means literally prints. To paper. :)
Turik: No, this is not possible.

turik
03-20-2006, 07:54 PM
Unless you are talking about saving pages in IE, I am not aware of IE doing anything like what you are talking about. If you are talking about IE's 'save page as' option, I didn't even know it could be configured. That would be the way to go as any javascript or css solution wouldn't alter the page's code and in the case of javascript, would do nothing if javascript were turned off. If you are talking about something else, please explain in more detail.

As Twey said I'd like not to print all information IE print on the header and the footer of the page and not in the html code ( with the option File > Print ).

I think he means literally prints. To paper.
Turik: No, this is not possible.

Well, I think in DHTML is it possible but I am not pretty sure about that.

Twey
03-20-2006, 08:44 PM
Trust me, it isn't :)
And... he's John, not me ;)

jscheuer1
03-20-2006, 09:55 PM
I am. :)