PDA

View Full Version : Redirecting Apple's Safari

Cletus
03-20-2006, 12:09 PM
Hi,
I'll make it fast: Need an redirecting script for apple's safari browser. I already have one for all other browsers but couldn't find one for the Safari.

And PLEASE don't start with "Browser Detection Scripts are unreliable" or something like that. I use transparent PNGs in my Designs and also Flash and because of the different appearings of the color of PNG images and Inside-flash-images in ALL browsers I just HAVE to use the redirection.

So IS there any script which can check if the browser is a safari?

Please

Twey
03-20-2006, 12:24 PM
if(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("safari") > -1) window.location.replace("safaripage.html");Although I ought to mention that only IE has a problem with transparent PNGs, though I can't speak for Flash. You should never need to use redirection.

Cletus
03-20-2006, 12:37 PM
Its not about the transparency, but about the color representation. I can handle the transparency via JS.

IE has the same color problems with PNGs like the safari has.
And the problem is, when I import an PNG into flash which is a part of the design (which is in PNGs) the flash export make an JPEG out of it or at least change the color representation which leads to a bad design.
In IE I managed it quiet well because I left the images in the flash put and made an transparent flash file. But Safari cant handle transparent flash files....and there the problem comes....

thanks alot for the script...

If you wanna see what I mean then go to www.bootlegversion.de/NEWSITE/index.html <-- this is the redirection page which uses a JS.

www.bootlegversion.de/NEWSITE/bv_ff_1280.html <-- this is how it has to look like. Just openit in different browsers and you'll see the color differences especially in the flash menue background image

www.bootlegversion.de/NEWSITE/bv_ie_1280.html <-- IE-Version with transparent flash file

Cletus

PS: I know, the site is extremly bad scripted, but I'm no scripter, I'm an artist.

Twey
03-20-2006, 04:10 PM
I can't speak for the Flash, as I only have Flash installed on one browser, but the images are all the same colours to me in FX, Opera, Konqueror and Epiphany.