PDA

View Full Version : Cool DHTML Tooltip II

mbz
03-20-2006, 02:19 AM
I am a long-time fan of your site, however new to the forums here...

I have implemented your "Cool DHTML Tooltip II" script into my page, located at http://www.agentwebsuite.com/agentcenter/realtyroo.html

Next to each of the form element I have a small help icon, that triggers the "Cool DHTML Tooltip II" script onMouseOver.

The issue I am having is that the text contained within the tooltip is sometimes getting cut off on the right side. I have set the inside margins to 10px all around, however it seems to ignore the right margin and still cut off the text. :confused:

Any help you may be able to give me on this is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
MIKE

mbz
03-20-2006, 02:23 AM
PS: My CSS code for this tooltip functionality is as follows...

#dhtmltooltip{
position: absolute;
left: -300px;
width: 150px;
border: 1px solid black;
background-color: #ffffff;
padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px; /*margin-top; margin-right; margin-bottom; margin-left;*/
visibility: hidden;
z-index: 100;
font-size: 11px;
color: #333333;
/*Remove below line to remove shadow. Below line should always appear last within this CSS*/
filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Shadow(color=gray,direction=135);
}

#dhtmlpointer{
position:absolute;
left: -300px;
z-index: 101;
visibility: hidden;
}

jscheuer1
03-20-2006, 03:40 AM
I looked at your page in FF, Opera and IE. I don't see what you are talking about.

mbz
03-20-2006, 03:53 AM
Hmm... I'm using IE7 (Beta2). Could that be the issue??

Thanks,
MIKE

jscheuer1
03-20-2006, 04:07 AM
Could be, if you are a tester, report it. That new browser is going to be a trial for developers everywhere once it comes out but, you can forgive me for not worrying about a beta release. I may wait for IE7 service pack 2 to upgrade my coding though MS did fairly well with IE6, only thing is, they kept upgrading it without changing the version number.

mbz
03-20-2006, 06:46 AM
No probs... I went back to IE6 and no problems now ;-)