PDA

View Full Version : Form Confirmation

Samsoske
03-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Hello to all....

I am having some trouble with my darn websites forms..., How do you Seriously get it to go to thankyou.html when the user has submitted the form. But does it have something to do with that it is being sent using email?? I mean I have the

<input type=hidden name="To:_" value="someone@something.domain">
<input type=hidden name="Subject:_" value="fishflavouredkeyboards">
<input type=hidden name="_thanksurl" value="thankyou.html">

Is there some fineprint i did not get????

So if anyone out there could help me, i would be truely happy...

Thanks So much In advance....

Samsoske
03-20-2006, 12:02 AM
Does The above have to be done in Java, Javascript or like DHTML or something???

Samsoske
03-20-2006, 12:18 AM
If not does no, html live out there that does this similar too a META tag, but applies this to a submit button, forcing it to change to the "thankyou.html" page once all task's have fininshed (in the email) well i am not sure if <-- that sentence made sense...

Can someone out there please help me???

mwinter
03-20-2006, 01:23 AM
I am having some trouble with my darn websites forms..., How do you Seriously get it to go to thankyou.html when the user has submitted the form.That depends entirely on the system in use.

When a user submits the form, the form processor e-mails or queues the incoming data to be sent later. After that, instead of sending back a response directly, the usual action is to perform a redirect to some resource. This entire sequence is out of your control. It's determined by the service provider.

Your best bet would be to look for documentation about the service you use, or contact the provider for support. However, you might want to first start by modifying

<input type=hidden name="_thanksurl" value="thankyou.html">to use an absolute URL. For example,

<input name="_thanksurl" type="hidden" value="http://www.example.com/thankyou.html">
Good luck,

Mike

Samsoske
03-20-2006, 06:59 PM
Posted By mwinter
to use an absolute URL. For example,

What is the "absolute URL"////? it did not show in your reply?

(oh wait) let me turn the darn HTML on this browser.

Sorry, hold on....

Samsoske
03-20-2006, 11:17 PM
(HTML on) Hello. Yeah so maybe it has to have a absolute URL, if that is the case ohwell.\

Thx anyway, Are you sure there is no java, javascript out there that does this?:)

Samsoske
03-20-2006, 11:34 PM
So can we close this thread? Actually < ignore that sentence >>>

Twey
03-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Samsoske: There's a "delete" button under the edit form (click "Edit" on the side of your post) just so people don't post four useless posts in a row. :)