PDA

View Full Version : IFRAME Scroller Script nested in layer that has position as "float

madferet
11-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Okay....so I'm going to make this a detailed as possible.....I'm trying to put the IFRAME Scroller script in the right hand side of the page:

http://www.emergin.com/solutions/healthcare/default.html

This is the page minus the coding for the scrolling text.....

This page was created using layers, instead of tables (kicking myself now)

Anyhow....I copy/pasted the code as instructed....I put it right below the "<DIV id=rightBar>" line in the coding..since I want it right above the contact info in the right panel.

I see the box for the scrolling text, but I do not see any scrolling text. I've tested everything out in a blank document....and it works there.....

I think it may have something to do with the absolute property of the div tag in the external.htm file and the fact I'm trying to place it on a floating layer.

Here is the css properties for the rightBar div:

DIV#rightBar {
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; FLOAT: right; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; WIDTH: 190px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #003366 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e9e9e9
}

Hopefully someone can help!

Thanks!

madferet
11-23-2004, 07:03 PM
just noticed something....it will work in Netscape, but not IE v6 :(

madferet
11-24-2004, 12:38 PM
in case anyone is wondering......I just recreated the same exact page in a new file...and everything works perfectly.....some things, I guess, should go unquestioned.