PDA

View Full Version : Drop Down Disappear

elb
04-18-2019, 05:26 PM
1) Script Title: ddlevelsmenu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddlevelsmenu/index.htm

3) Describe problem: When I hover over the top level menu item, the drop down appears, but when I move the cursor down to select one of the drop menu selections, the drop down disappears ! If I keep trying, with different mouse movement quickness, the dropdown finally stays put, and I can select a menu item.

Is there some kind of timeout or something to keep this from happening?

keyboard
06-27-2019, 07:09 AM
I can't replicate the problem you're experiencing unfortunately.
Does it occur on the example page?
What browser are you using?

elb
08-06-2019, 01:11 PM
Yes it happens on the example page. Intermittent on Explorer. Also on Chrome but a bit better perhaps.
I can often get it to occur immediately after refreshing the page. Once it starts working, it sometimes
retains proper function for a while.

elb
08-06-2019, 03:09 PM
Further testing reveals that the issue happens rarely in Chrome. So it's essentially an Explorer issue.

elb
08-06-2019, 05:53 PM
I tried disabling all the Explorer addons. No better.'

Another thing that was mentioned on the web for a fix to disappearing Explorer menus was:
Yeah, I thought that was it. IIRC, the solution was to add relative positioning and a z-index to the menu container. This is from memory, but give it a try. Change the top-level ul styling to this:

ul {
padding:0px;
margin:0px;
position:relative;
z-index:100;
}

What do you think?

elb
08-07-2019, 12:29 PM
Another thing of note:

In Explorer, there is a shadow/border between the horizontal menu and the drop down menus.
If you hesitate, even briefly, over this border, the drop down disappears.

Whereas, in Chrome, the shadow/border does not exist!