PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Splash Screen Effect>>Redirecting

ang3llove
03-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Everything has been working fine for the text, images , contents. But it all stuffs up in the end when it redirects to the targetdestination.

I'm not puttting my site up on internet so i just type in "home.html" as my homepage is in the same folder as my indexpage but it dosen't seem to work. It just goes to the "page does not display" page.. :confused:

Help will be very much appreciated. :p ^^

jscheuer1
03-10-2006, 04:58 AM
That would tend to indicate that there is no file with the precise name of home.html in the folder. Of course, there could be other problems. Without seeing the code, preferably all the pages involved live somewhere, I can be certain of nothing.

ang3llove
03-10-2006, 05:12 AM
You see, all the images work.. (i just typed in "name.gif") So it has the same idea of not using an internet sourced file.

I have a feeling there is just something wrong with the "targetdestination" part because you know the skip intro button? Well it links to "home.html". And that, worked .

jscheuer1
03-10-2006, 05:31 AM
Well, here is where in the script it switches automatically to the next page:

window.location=targetdestination

if you wish to enter an actual page name here, it must be in quotes:

window.location='home.html'

But, it is probably best to leave that part alone and use the configuration near the top of the script (from the demo):

var targetdestination="http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex3/dynamicsplash.htm"

Which, in your case (if I have understood you correctly) should read:

var targetdestination="home.html"

ang3llove
03-10-2006, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the help u gave me :D
Everything's fine now ~~ It all works out ^^
Just my mistakes :)
^-^