PDA

View Full Version : Auto installer

suksesi
03-09-2006, 08:22 AM
Hi guys.
I have searched a lot for some script which will make possibility to auto install software.
A good example is when you try to download msn messenger and there starts autoinstaller online.

Can somebody please tellme how can i make something like this?
Or where can i find this script?

Sorry for my bad english and thanks for any answer.

Twey
03-09-2006, 09:01 AM
There's an interface, or generator, or something, called InstallShield, which does what you ask.

suksesi
03-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Hi Twey!
Thanks for your reply, but i can't still find what i am luking for.
I found som install maker software but not some thing that will work online.
Thanks again.

Twey
03-12-2006, 06:33 PM
What do you mean by "work online?" Download the required files from a remote server?

suksesi
03-14-2006, 10:10 PM
Hi Twey !
I am looking to have an online installer like msn messenger.
ex. if user clikc at the link, it will not bee prompted to save the file in hes harddrive but the download will start automaticaly and he will see one progress bar.
Also an good example is if you try to download flash player.
There will start an progress bar which will show you downloading progress and after downloading automatically opens the installer.

Thanks very much for your time.
Again Sorry for my bad English

Twey
03-15-2006, 06:42 AM
The reason it can run without the "Save As" box is that a) it uses ActiveX and b) it's signed by Microsoft, a signature all Windows platforms trust implicitly. It would be difficult/impossible for you to achieve the same, I should think.

suksesi
04-22-2006, 12:05 AM
Hi twey
I found one more site who use that i am luking for. I used part of their script and i will put here, maby if you see this you can helpme.

<applet height="40" archive="https://secure.logmein.com/MsiDownloader.jar" width="400" code="MsiDownloader.class" name="MsiDownloader">
<param NAME="cabbase" VALUE="MsiDownloader.cab">
<param NAME="clrpbarfill" VALUE="000099">
<param NAME="clrpbarbackground" VALUE="CCCCCC">
<param NAME="urlfailure" VALUE="/go.asp?page=addacomputer3b">
<param NAME="sessionid" VALUE="134972537">
<param NAME="deployid" VALUE="6nyiixac3io3hrpiqlas">
<param NAME="urltrace" VALUE="trace.asp">
<param NAME="installer" VALUE="file.msi">
<param NAME="clrbackground" VALUE="f2f2f2">
<param NAME="description" VALUE>
<param NAME="urlsuccess" VALUE="/go.asp?page=addacomputer4">
<param NAME="msgdownload" VALUE="Downloading the LogMeIn software...">
<!-- this is a message in case both Java and JavaScript are disabled -->

djr33
04-25-2006, 08:00 AM
What you are talking about is pro stuff. If you PAY, you can do it, but it's sold... like what Twey said... the "microsoft signature" is something a company can pay for (or is given if microsoft likes them).

I'd suggest JUST letting them download a file, then run to install.

If you force an install (or come close) it will worry people as a virus. Flash is trustworthy, but people don't know if you are. They would worry about something installing itself. Security also tries to stop this for the same reason.