PDA

View Full Version : Modifications to thumnail rollover script

clubamigos
03-06-2006, 03:33 PM
I have a few queries about the thumnail rollover script.

These are:

1. How can l get the large image and the thumnail image both be the same distance from the navbar?

2. How do l make the space between the top and bottom of the thumnails the same?

http://www.icphotography.port5.com/g...le_backup.html

jscheuer1
03-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Your link is mangled, repost it without copying it from a previous message.

clubamigos
03-07-2006, 11:01 AM
This is the correct link:

http://www.icphotography.port5.com/gallery_people_backup.html

jscheuer1
03-07-2006, 01:31 PM
That's a pretty unconventional layout. You would probably be better off putting the thumbnails and the large image display area in a single table and controlling the heights and spacing using individual style to pad the cells. However, for FF and IE (not Opera), this worked locally -

In the stylesheet:

#thumbpiccys {
margin-left: 5px;
margin-top:-13px!important;
margin-top:-12px;
z-index:100;
position:relative;
}

In the markup:

<div id="dynloadarea" style="width:150px;height:200px; float: left;margin-top:-5px!important;margin-top:-8px;"></div>

clubamigos
03-07-2006, 02:13 PM
You mention putting the thumnails in a table, l have not done css tables and so will have to use the method you specified.

I tried what you mentioned and have a few questions.

1. How do l move the thumnails a bit further down from the navbar , so that the first row of thumnails is aligned with the top of the photo?

2. The vertical space seems to be less than the horizontal space in the thumnails, how do l make this the same?

I would appreciate it very much if you could answer these issues for me,thanks.

jscheuer1
03-07-2006, 03:34 PM
You mention putting the thumnails in a table, l have not done css tables and so will have to use the method you specified.

Tables are easy, and there are many resources on the web for styling them and the other HTML elements. I see your markup already has tables, used as, gulp, spacers. That is not the way to go, they are too difficult to standardize. Another thing to consider is, instead of striving to get your images to fall precisely on the page, let them fall where they may, as long as it is close to where you want them as, different browsers and window sizes will move them around anyway.

clubamigos
03-07-2006, 03:58 PM
I think doing css tables is going to be a challenge as l have not done these before. I don't know where to start?

Any suggestions?