PDA

View Full Version : WinXP Progress Bar?

lilbump3000
11-21-2004, 11:03 PM
Hi everyone,

Does anybody know how to set-up the WinXP progress bar because i dont have no idea on how to do it and i really want it on my website?

cr3ative
11-22-2004, 07:35 AM
Tell us which part of the instructions you don't understand and we'll help you.
Otherwise, try re-reading the step-by-step manual.

cr3ative

lilbump3000
11-22-2004, 03:33 PM
That part i dont understand is the part were they ask you to post the following script in step 1 into the head section on your page? I dont know were the head part of my page is.

After that they ask you to upload the file onto your server, it think i know how to do that.

Now as far as editing the thing, i want to use it so when you go to my website, the page comes up and the bar comes up as like the page is loading, just like when you start your computer up and windows xp is loading and i was going to have it go around for like 5 times then have it redirect to the main page of my website. Im lost on how to do that as well?

More information i use trellix web version 2.7 the software.

I mean why couldnt the person who made this made it more simple to use.

I wish i knew how to make one.

cr3ative
11-22-2004, 03:52 PM
I don't know how trellix works, but you need to get into the actual HTML code (to view what this looks like, go to View > Page Source on this page). There in your code, is a <head> tag and a </head> tag. The first part needs to go there.

Then in the <body> and </body> tag goes the rest (if required by script).

To make the page load after 5 rotations, tell me how long that takes and i'll make you a script to do that.

The author of the script made it simple enough, it's not his fault. You just need a bit of knowhow to get the ball rolling in the first place.

cr3ative

ddadmin
11-22-2004, 09:40 PM
Unfortunately adding a DHTML script does require some basic experience/ knowledge with web site building. From your post it seems you're a very beginner in this area.

To answer a couple of your questions:

1) HTML pages by default should contain a <HEAD> and <BODY> tag, which you can confirm by viewing source on most pages online. The former is located near the top of the page, while the later follows closely, encompassing the actual displayed contents (ie: text, images, tables etc). If your page doesn't have these two tags, please refer to a good HTML tutorial on how to add them in: http://www.cwru.edu/help/introHTML/TCh2.html

2) To upload the .js file to your site, you would use the same method you use to upload say an image (.gif) to your site. Commonly this is done using FTP, though your web host might also offer a control panel for you to do this similar to Windows File Manager.