PDA

View Full Version : help (noob)

xroox
03-03-2006, 10:31 PM
hey i'm trying to make a guestbook for a movie i'm writing with some friends so they can post up ideas and stuff... i figured there would be a good way to do it with dhtml because i want it so simple... but i'm having trouble finding anything... basically i want it to look like this... but actually work:

http://www.prettypermed.com/drew/b2bguestbook.jpg

just want it to spit out the bottom of the same page and they can put whatever name they want in the field.. no password or account required. an open signable thingie.... lol

Twey
03-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Firstly, this is in the wrong forum.
Secondly, this needs to be done with a server-side script; searching "guestbook" should turn up several relevant threads.
Thirdly... is that WordArt? :p

dedwards
03-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Try using a japanese BBS script. But you would need a telnet server and CGI compatible equipment, plus a lot of patience since there are no help manuals in english. Just a suggestion. And you should probably think about better graphics while you're at it, too...

Twey
03-03-2006, 11:01 PM
There's no need for anything nearly as complicated as a BBS script :) A simple CGI script will do nicely here.
I agree about the graphics, though... if you really can't get better graphics than that, then please, please use text :)