PDA

View Full Version : More fun with The Ultimate Fade-in Slideshow

jscheuer1
01-31-2017, 12:48 AM
I recently had a request, well only a suggestion really, to add a progress bar and/or sliding control to this great script. Using an available plugin and my existing extrabuttons code, I did just that:

http://jscheuer1.com/garden/index_slide_control.htm

Kind'a neat I think.

molendijk
02-01-2017, 11:51 PM
That's very nice.
Developers should not put too much text on an image, because that would sort of hide the image on small devices.

jscheuer1
02-02-2017, 12:10 AM
Thanks. Generally I agree about the text, though sometimes that's what's desired/works. On the demo that one with all the text is just a test of the ability of the code to cope with it gracefully without needing to have such a large area for each caption. The default code makes all captions as tall as the tallest one. The default code also has the option for the user to turn captions off though, so there's that, and this code preserves that option - it's the small white x off to the right.

molendijk
02-02-2017, 12:56 AM
Yes, the small white x off to the right is very useful indeed. Perhaps the icons for hiding the description and restoring it could be a little bit larger.
Overall, I think this slideshow is one of the best I've seen. Thanks.

jscheuer1
02-02-2017, 01:12 AM
It's image is configurable and so is it's css. I wasn't focusing on that so I just used the default, which normally is right below or even with and to the right of the caption, but because this demo uses the responsive sizing option of the current default code, it got shoved off to the side there. In responsive mode it could be made larger and placed in a more conspicuous place, but that could be tricky I think, because (as far as I know) little thought was given to that once DD added the responsiveness feature. Though I'm certain it could be done. One could alternatively replace it with a custom control that does the same thing.