View Full Version : fadesslideshow covers menu while changing image

tsaenger
01-27-2017, 11:00 AM
1) Script Title:
fadeslideshow
2) Script URL (on DD):
ttp://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem:
Hi, i include your Fadeslideshow into my website. I have the problem that if the pictures are changeing the picture covers the menue. I tried to use z-index to get it in backgroud, but it won't work.
Does someone has an idea what i can do?

thanks a lot

Tobias

jscheuer1
01-27-2017, 01:23 PM
I'm assuming you mean this slideshow:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

But the solution is pretty much the same with any such slideshow, and you have the right idea, z-index. I'm not sure what you tried to do with z-index though. People often first try setting the z-index on the slideshow. That doesn't work because its z-index is integral to its operation and set in a dynamically changing pattern by the script. What you need to do is raise the z-index of the menu. Usually just making sure that the root element (usually a div or a ul) of the menu is positioned fixed, absolute, or relative (it may already be one of these, but if it's not, choose relative), and it's z-index is set higher than the highest (1000, if you're using the slideshow I think you are) used by the slideshow should do the trick. So something like so (assuming the div shown is the root of the menu):

<div style="position: relative; z-index: 1001;">menu is here</div>

You can also add these styles in a stylesheet if the menu root element has a class name or a unique id, or if it doesn't, you can give it one for that purpose.

Sometimes though it can be more complicated, or seem more confusing than it is.

If you want more help, please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic situation.