PDA

View Full Version : DD Full Screen Slider source

benyon24
01-17-2017, 10:21 AM
Hi all,

I am building a linear website using your Full Screen Slider and I'm trying to learn from the HTML, the CSS and the JS as I go aongl. Of the four files to be downloaded I've managed to get the HTML one in a structured form, so I can see the markup properly, but the CSS file and the two JS files have lost all the structure and are just the usual rows and rows of characters. I can just about work out enough to be able to change a few parameters but it would help my learning enormously if I could see the source in a structured way.

Can you suggest a way I might do this?

Many thanks in advance.

Neil

jscheuer1
01-17-2017, 06:08 PM
The full source code is available for all DD scripts. Most of it's quite readable, well commented and well formatted. If you mean this script:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ddfullscreensliderdoc.htm

All of the code is available on that page for download. Right click one at a time on each of the names of the files and choose 'save as'*. These files can then be opened in a plain text editor like NotePad, but for syntax highlighting and other features I recommend a code editor like NotePad++ (free), there are many others - free ones and low cost ones. I like EditPad.

The mousewheel javascript doesn't need any editing and is a third party free script for facilitating mousewheel detection. It's minified, which means it's faster to download for your users, yet also very hard to read. You can get the details and a well formatted copy of that code here if you like:

https://github.com/jquery/jquery-mousewheel

*on some browsers/platforms the method for saving a file is slightly different. "Save linked content as", for example, is sometimes the option you want to choose.

benyon24
01-17-2017, 06:56 PM
Thanks very much for your reply, John, and yes, indeed, that is the script.

It fact I've tried this with NotePad and I just get long strings of text. (It works, of course, but I can't read it.) I don't have NotePad++ on the platform I'm on at the moment, but I will tomorrow so I'll give it a try.

Thanks again and best wishes,

Neil

jscheuer1
01-17-2017, 08:33 PM
With almost any browser other than one by Microsoft, you should be able to directly click on the javascript link and see it as formatted text and then just cut it and paste.

If you're still having problems let me know what sort of computer (desktop/laptop or mobile) and what OS and browser you're using.

benyon24
01-18-2017, 12:42 PM
Hi John,

Many thanks again - readable source achieved, partly by not using IE and partly by opening in NotePad++. I suspect I shall be back!

Best wishes, Neil

P. S. How do I set a thread to "Resolved"?