PDA

View Full Version : Need to Break into the workign World of IT

rka81
03-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Hi,

I wonder if anyone might be able to give me some ideas/guidance as I am totally confused as to what to do.

For the past 9 years I have worked in the financial sector and as you can imagine I have a huge amount of experience now. I also have always had an interest in IT...mainly web design but pretty much anything and I am now desperate to get into this sector as I am struggling to stay interested in anything I do (work related).

I have an ISEB Foundation in Software Testing and about 6months worth of work experience surrounding that but have no other qualifications.

Therefore , if anyone could either draw on their experiences of trying to break into the world of IT or have a good knowledge of how someone like myself would go about doing it, please could they respond to this post.

I dont mind studying (But whats best to study??!) or what type of IT job I would go for (web design would be nice but any ideas of the best to try and start with would help!) or any IT recruitment sites that are good?? Basically anything would be appreciated..