PDA

View Full Version : New and very confused (HV menu)

Brenon
11-21-2004, 05:00 AM
HV Menu
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/index.htm

5 years ago i knew what i was doing when it came to HTML. not anymore. if i knew what stuff meant i could get this thing to work. the file exmplmenu_var.js....what does it all mean?! im so horribly congused! how do i edit it. i dont need line by line, just basics. im sorry for the stupid question that could tend to have a lengthy answer, but when i get the ball rolling i'll be fine...i just need a push. any help would be appreciated. also, what do i do with that file once i customize it? thanks very much!

--Newbie, Brenon

cr3ative
11-21-2004, 01:31 PM
Well make us a list of what you don't understand and we'll explain it.
Otherwise, I'll be here all day..

cr3ative

Brenon
11-21-2004, 04:58 PM
its not that i dont understand certain lines, its that i dont understand the whole file. i dont know what to do with it. the file i need to edit - theres explanations next to all the lines - do i delete that? and how do i get it to show up on the actual web page? what do i need to do with the file after editing? thanks (n sorry again for the inconvenience)

--Brenon

cr3ative
11-21-2004, 05:29 PM
/me has no clue where on earth to start

<script src="script.js"></script>
Will implement a script into the site from a file called script.js

cr3ative

Brenon
11-21-2004, 05:36 PM
nevermind, im too illiterate now for this. like i said, i used to know what i was doing. i dont know anything about DHTML or java. i shoulda kept up with it, but i didnt. now im stuck. where do i put that? and will that make the exmplmenu_var.js show up if i put that where "script.js" is? im really sorry. i have no idea how to make it show up on my page, where to put anything, or what to do with it. i honestly only need a couple answers to figure it out - i just dont know which ones! thank you for your time.

--Brenon

geowink
11-21-2004, 11:26 PM
Did you look at the Install and Tutorial files? They tell you exactly what to do. They are in the Tutorial folder as install.htm and Tutorial.html. You probably have to make several tries but you learn as you go. It took me a few attempts to get it but IT HAPPENS. Hang in their. If you have something specific, I'm sure we can help.

George