PDA

View Full Version : Can't link external jquery document to html document. PLEASE HELP!

KktheKing410
09-09-2016, 03:08 PM
Hello everyone,
I am trying to make a website and I cannot get the my external jquery to link to my html document. Any insight at all as to why this may be occurring would be greatly appreciated. Here is my code in the html document:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<title>Title</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="G-CodeNavbar.css"/>
<script src="jquery.js"></script>
<script src="HTMLjquery.js"></script>
</head>

With jquery.js being the jquery document downloaded from jquery.com, and HTMLjquery.js being my external jquery coding. I have the html, jquery, and jquery coding docents all saved in the same local folder. I am writing the code in Quoda text editor and viewing it on chrome. Thanks in advance for your help.

jscheuer1
09-09-2016, 03:48 PM
Not a clue unless you have a typo in the name of the script, or have by accident placed it somewhere else than you think you have. Oh one other thing I can think of that's possible - How do you know it's not linked? Unless you have verified via the console that the file appears empty or as a 404 not found to the browser, it's possible that there is only an error somewhere that's preventing it form working.

If you could upload this to a live site and still have the problem, we could likely pinpoint the issue if you give us a link to the page.