PDA

View Full Version : Blossom Opt-in Feature Box

tops
08-10-2016, 08:41 PM
Does any one know how this works where do the emails go?
Do I have to make a text file and direct to?
Do I have to add my email address into the code?

More Info Needed, Do i just link to the html page or add it to my page?

I have been trying or not trying to create subscribe to put on my website to Add and And direct input of email and name to a text file (in my root) on my website.
So from time to time I can copy text file and add to a list.

Or maybe even direct it directly to my email?
to collect visitors email and name still don't know how to do it cant figure it out
---------------------------------------------------
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex16/featurebox/

jscheuer1
08-10-2016, 09:16 PM
To take advantage of the email soliciting feature of this script one generally needs a server side interface such as possible with PHP, asp, ASP.NET, etc. Once the email is obtained it can, for instance be added to a database for future mailings, or to have the email address be sent to you, or to have a standard email sent to the user immediately, etc.. In other words, this script simply supplies a functional, attractive interface for soliciting user's email addresses. Once obtained, what you do with those email addresses is up to you. A standard form element is supplied, by editing its action attribute, upon submission of that form, server side code can take over.

tops
08-10-2016, 09:49 PM
Can I designate the name and email to go to a certian email with auto reply set up?
And do you know how I would do this?

tops
08-10-2016, 09:54 PM
Latter I could just export the contacts

jscheuer1
08-10-2016, 09:56 PM
Do you have any server side functionality available to you?

tops
08-10-2016, 10:26 PM
John,

Yes in no, Its a distributor site that hosts my domain name, I don't know ican get and work in back or front just like the php site I had before

tops
08-10-2016, 10:30 PM
They direct all my emails to my email account by my choice if someone hit contact me or what ever they even have a sign in or log in I have been telling people to sign in no need to order and getting their info that way on backs side
though I just want email and name

tops
08-10-2016, 10:31 PM
No one wants to sign all that stuff just to be added to my list

tops
08-10-2016, 10:33 PM
Maybe I'm wrong I mean I get all their info now, but just need their email and name before they actually order

tops
08-10-2016, 10:35 PM
What kind of info would I need from server side? They have an option of customer to join mailing list after order I don't know which info to copy and paste

tops
08-10-2016, 10:36 PM
I mean just the subscribe info for name and email so They don't have to just sign in fill out or contact form

tops
08-10-2016, 10:38 PM
a square that has input for name and email no fancy stuff would be fine, just don't know how to copy and past the info i need from the subscribe after they order info

tops
08-10-2016, 10:39 PM
Do you kow what I should be lookin for to copy and paste

jscheuer1
08-10-2016, 10:55 PM
Well, as it stands now, the user/customer if they're using this script can submit their email address via a form to a server side script. That's the default setup. But you can have other things happen instead, none of which would be useful if there isn't anything on the server side to pick it up.

Now I don't know what your host requires/uses, but there's a chance it can be adapted to appear in the popup (the content of the popup is completely editable). You can ask for more than just the email there, it's up to you what HTML code to put there and it's up to you, when it's submitted - well you can decide how it's submitted and to where on the server. Since I don't know what your host requires in that regard, I can't say much more. Ask them if you can have a form of your own devising submitted and, if so, what information it has to have, and where it would be submitted to. It's possible their method is too proprietary to fit that model though, if so, ask them if an AJAX call would work, and if so, to what page/script and again what information is required. And again, might not work with what they have. There's no guarantee this can be worked out. But if you get no help from your host, give me the address to what (the page where you currently get user info) they do accept as far as the inputting of user/customer info. I MIGHT be able to figure it out from that.

tops
08-10-2016, 11:42 PM
Is server and host same thing

tops
08-10-2016, 11:57 PM
dOES WHAT i MESSAGED YOU HELP

tops
08-10-2016, 11:58 PM
The 2nd private message don't want to put private stuff out there

jscheuer1
08-11-2016, 12:19 AM
Yes, server and host mean about the same thing. The host is the company though, the server is the specific equipment they're dedicating to your account. Often though these terms are used interchangeably, as the host can mean the host server.

As for the information sent me in private, it may take me a bot to sift through it to see what MIGHT be able to be done. Have you communicated with your host? They would, if so inclined, and it's possible, probably be more able to tell you what you need to do.

From what you've been telling me though, it sounds as though they may require a specific proprietary method of loggin user information that includes a login. IF that's the case, there's nothing you can do other than follow that or get a different host, or at least a different type of account with the current host.

I'll still have a look at what you've sent me in private, but you really should be talking to your host or at least contacting their customer service to see if there are any suggestions they might have to offer.

tops
08-15-2016, 03:22 PM
http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex16/ddoptinbox.htm

http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex16/featurebox/index.html

https://formspree.io/

Any one know hot to use these DD script with Formspree?

Is this possible?

What would you edit in the scripts?

I think a lot of people would like to know?

Beverleyh
08-15-2016, 04:00 PM
From what I can see, you would build and host your own form on your own website, and then you just point the form "action" to the Formspree website for it to process.

If that's the case, you would follow the installation instructions for the DD scripts, and install them on your own website using the demo code provided as reference.

If you are having problems installing the scripts on your own website, please provide a link to your page so that we can see what you're having problems with.

tops
08-15-2016, 10:46 PM
Hey Bev, How have you been?

Okay I got A contact form that i put in it, but I like the way you push on subscribe and it opens and closes really nice.

Is the any wavy to remove all the contact java stuff out of it and just have the button the click because i'm able to get my form in there looks good
with the click x out and colors but the contact form in the script and stuff is conflicting.

These is the form I'm trying to put in there I will send to you.

tops
08-15-2016, 11:26 PM
I guess I could use this
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ddfullscreensliderdoc.htm

though I only need one page and the other was more stylish, Dont want to load a bunch a stuff I don't need.

I just need code for button open, close and the other in the opt in thing.
My form copy and paste right in

tops
08-15-2016, 11:29 PM
Hey does anyone know if there is a script out there just like

http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex16/ddoptinbox.htm

with out any of the email stuff Just button link page close css and script for click close animation colors