PDA

View Full Version : Rating and Review?

TheJoshMan
02-28-2006, 11:54 PM
Hey,

I'm not totally sure if this is the right area for this post, but I am wondering if anyone knows where I could find a FREE rating and review type script. One where users can rate and leave a review of songs on a website... If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful. Thank you.

djr33
03-02-2006, 08:16 AM
No idea about finding one.

It wouldn't be that hard to write one, though.

The catch is that you'd need a database, which gets into some time to figure out as well as being sure your webhost gives you some, etc. etc.

Basically, have a form, have php interpret the form, add it to a database, and there ya go.
Then on the page, have it get from the database all the reviews or whatever.

It's pretty simple... but might take a good bit of time, depending on how comfortable you are with coding (and how fast you pick up on php).

You could probably also try a php script with a form that would modify the page and add directly to it, but that seems like more of a hassle than using a database.

Hope this helps.

Twey
03-02-2006, 12:26 PM
A database isn't necessarily necessary. Using PHP, a search for "php round robin" should return a script I wrote for round-robin page access. Only a little modification of this should be necessary.