bigwavemaui
07-12-2016, 07:36 PM
1) Script Title:
RSS Display Boxes
2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex18/rssdisplaybox/index.htm
3) Describe problem:

Yeah, instead of the rss feed displaying I get error messages such as:
static method SimplePie_Misc::fix_protocol() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hgcsaorg/public_html/simplepie/simplepie.inc on line 98

from the simplepie error log
[11-Jul-2016 23:14:35 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method SimplePie_Misc::parse_url() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/hgcsaorg/public_html/simplepie/simplepie.inc on line 2705

Ran the simple pie compatibility test and it reports the new server environment is OK

checked the file permissions mentioned and they were ok

I uploaded fresh directories and the demo.htm and when I go to demo.htm same error--see aattachment

any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

jscheuer1
07-12-2016, 07:55 PM
You have to turn off error reporting, right? i mean, it looks like it's working, just has some PHP error/warnings that you'd just as soon not see thrown in there, correct? Is that what I'm seeing in your image?

I think you can put an @ right before the offending method, like, on line 2705, maybe (for example):

$parsed = SimplePie_Misc::parse_url($url);

could become:

$parsed = @SimplePie_Misc::parse_url($url);

Save and use that version. Do similar things with any other undesired warnings/errors.

OR perhaps update to the most recent simple pie (a little tricky, but I think I could guide you through it, though there's no guarantee of either compatibility or fitness).

bigwavemaui
07-12-2016, 08:35 PM
The admin did this for me and it started to work:

In this file,

/usr/local/lib/php.ini

I changed this directive,

error_reporting= On

to,

error_reporting= Off

saved and restarted Apache.

You have to turn off error reporting, right? i mean, it looks like it's working, just has some PHP error/warnings that you'd just as soon not see thrown in there, correct? Is that what I'm seeing in your image?

Thank you very much!