PDA

View Full Version : Back ground colour of Ultimate Fade-in Slideshow V2.6.1

styxlawyer
06-01-2016, 08:56 AM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in Slideshow V2.6.1

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: The background colour is set as 'black' in lines 60 & 70 of this script. I have found that it can be changed by editing line 70, but editing line 60 makes no difference. As I frequently use this script for multiple slideshows on a single page, would it be possible to have the background colour in the settings for each individual show? There would need to be a default setting in the script itself.

Beverleyh
06-01-2016, 10:27 AM
I can't test anything on mobile but how about changing the 'black' to 'transparent' in the JS file (or remove that property:value pairing altogether), and set a background colour in the CSS instead. You might need to wrap the slideshow div in an additional wrapper div and set the background colour on that, or, use an !important override against the CSS declared for the fadeshow id.

molendijk
06-01-2016, 11:43 AM
[...] or, use an !important override against the CSS declared for the fadeshow id.
An !important override for .gallerylayer will do. Something like
.gallerylayer {
/*a background-color for smooth image-transition*/
background: green!important
}
or
.gallerylayer {
/*a background-image for smooth image-transition*/
background: url(https://stadswandelaars.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/dsc009931.jpg) 50% 35% no-repeat!important;
}
Don't use background: transparent!important, as this would ruin smooth image transition.

styxlawyer
06-01-2016, 01:16 PM
Thanks both. I'll have a look at the CSS options. Each slideshow div has a unique ID so it should be easy to add different CSS for each one.

jscheuer1
06-01-2016, 03:36 PM
Yes, that's the way to do it, for ex:

#fadeshow1 .gallerylayer {background-color: green !important;}
#fadeshow2 .gallerylayer {background-color: red !important;}

Each can then have its own background color.

molendijk
06-01-2016, 11:24 PM
Yes, that's the way to do it [...]. Each can then have its own background color.
Or its own background img, see post#3.