PDA

View Full Version : Extrabuttons.js

chevron7
03-01-2016, 02:22 PM
How do I get a copy of this script (extrabuttons.js) to use with fadeslideshow? All of the links in the blog (Stop/Start button for Ultimate Fade-in slideshow v2.4)) are broken.:o

Beverleyh
03-01-2016, 04:14 PM
It would be helpful if you can link to the download/demo page so that we know what you are referring to.

jscheuer1
03-01-2016, 04:18 PM
That's my blog. Sadly it was for an earlier version of the script and is not compatible with the current version. The current version has many advantages though, so should be used. For now you're stuck with just the buttons you have natively in the current version of the script.

But if you setup your page and provide a link to it in the http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Dynamic-Drive-scripts-help (Dynamic Drive Scripts Help Section) and ask about specific button(s) you want to add to it, someone will probably be able to help.

Mmm, I might be wrong. I'm looking at the current script and the main part I was working off of hasn't changed, but I will need to look into this more to see if Extra Buttons still works with it.

In the meantime post your question in the help section as indicated above and please also include a link to your page.

jscheuer1
03-01-2016, 05:49 PM
OK! Well let's see - It still works! Yippeee! So, the main problem is my ISP (Comcast) who used to provide free unstructured web space for me to put up stuff like this, now only allows very structured sites that use a site builder app that makes me puke. In any case, they wiped everything I had put up and blithely tell me or anyone who notices, it's just how they're doing it now. No announcement was made.

So I've made up a distribution for now. It's now available from the blog post:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/entry.php?248-Extra-Buttons-for-Ultimate-Fade-in-slideshow

Put all of the files in a folder and view the two htm files in the browser (extrabuttons_demo to see it in action, and extrabuttons_usage for instructions/options). If you have any questions, just let me know. All the support files are included, even the latest version of the DD fadeslideshow.js, test images, and support images.