PDA

View Full Version : I need a very simple script badly, Please !

mikelawson1
02-27-2006, 05:16 AM
I think you had a script on your site before that i need? I need a simple script where it puts a small "box" on my web page where anyone can type a text in the box and the text appears on the page and stays on the page even if you close the page.
Can anyone help me?
Thank You mike Lawson

ddadmin
02-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Do you mean a way for visitors to input text on your page that remains there, similar to a guestbook script? If so, you'll need a server side script for this, ie, a PHP guestbook script.

mikelawson1
02-27-2006, 08:48 PM
Thats exactly what i need ! Thank you . Do you know where i can find that script, ?
Thanks Again

Xiong Chiamiov
03-02-2006, 06:11 AM
Well, you'll have to make sure php is installed on your server. If you want to test it on your machine, you'll have to install apache and php and configure them, which is *lots* of fun, though it can be done. I have a book with a similar script somewhere that I can dig out for you, if you want.

mwinter
03-02-2006, 10:50 AM
Well, you'll have to make sure php is installed on your server.The OP might want to check if the host used supplies a ready-made guestbook. Some do provide such services, even if other features (like PHP) are not available.

If you want to test it on your machine, you'll have to install apache and php and configure them, which is *lots* of fun, though it can be done.Installing Apache and PHP is quite simple really, though unless one knows what one's doing, one may be limited to the default configuration.

Mike

ddadmin
03-02-2006, 02:02 PM
With all that said, here are some PHP guestbook scripts (http://php.resourceindex.com/Complete_Scripts/Guestbooks/).