PDA

View Full Version : Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'complete' - Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow

mcos
02-03-2016, 06:23 PM
So we are using the DD Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

And just recently noticed an error where it is not loading on Chrome.

The error reads:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'complete' of undefined

Around line 120 of fadeslideshow.js:

if ($curimage.get(0).complete){ //accounf for IE not firing image.onload

Any idea how to go about fixing this? Tested in IE and FireFox and seems to be working.

jscheuer1
02-03-2016, 07:27 PM
I'm getting no such error in Chrome on the demo page. Are you? If not, it's probably something about your page. Does the sideshow on your page work in Chrome?

If you want more help, please post a link to the problematic page on your site, so we can check it out.

mcos
02-03-2016, 07:35 PM
Hm, I cleared the cache, forced our CDN to purge all contents, forced cache generation from the website we're using and no luck.

You can see at the homepage of http://www.silverhorseracing.com/

It's not loading, just showing the spinning loading.gif and throwing the error. Not sure what we could have done to cause this as it's always worked for us in Chrome

styxlawyer
02-04-2016, 12:03 AM
Your page works fine for me in Opera, Firefox and Chrome.

jscheuer1
02-04-2016, 02:01 AM
Here as well (works in Chrome/Win 7). However, you have not told us which OS/device you are using or whether or not the demo page is working for you in Chrome. This kind of thing is generally a detective story. At the moment I'm thinking some setting in Chrome. But with more information that may prove not to be the case.

mcos
02-05-2016, 03:11 PM
Odd, we tested on a separate computer as well and it seems to be working. Both PC computers running Windows 7 on Chrome newest version 48.0.2564.103m

I've seen issues that occur on one computer but it's weird that it is a javascript error showing in the chrome console.

Demo page is indeed working for me on my computer. If it's a chrome setting what should I be looking for?

Another issue I noticed is my Tag Assistant for Google Tag Manager is not showing up 'Green' as it usually does, meaning one of the tags is incorrect or showing an error. It seems to be the Google Analytics tag. I'm just confused as to how this is a computer-specific error.

jscheuer1
02-05-2016, 11:36 PM
Can you turn off "Google Tag Manager" and then see what happens? This wouldn't be the first time I've seen excessive analytics of one sort or another break a page.

Give that a shot, clear the cache and report back.

Even if that is the cause, might be a workaround. Though admittedly, it would be less urgent. You think? At least we would know what we are dealing with.

mcos
02-08-2016, 03:51 PM
We're not sure what happened, but we ran CCleaner and restarted chrome..fixed.

Very odd that clearing cache directly from chrome didn't work.

jscheuer1
02-09-2016, 03:20 AM
Might depend upon how you cleared the cache. Not every method is as effective. Usually though, just refreshing the page will suffice. Ctrl + F5 while viewing the page is the next most aggressive. Actually clearing the cache in the settings/configuration screens while not viewing the page would be even more aggressive. Programs like CCleaner and similar would be more aggressive still, or rather complimentary to clearing the cache.