PDA

View Full Version : JavaScript

dankhop312
12-12-2015, 07:33 PM
I have an assignment due, and was needing more help with JavaScript. I need to create a dialog box that will prompted the user to submit their name and when they do a personalized message with their name at the top pops up on their screen? How can I do that?

Beverleyh
12-12-2015, 09:30 PM
Sorry, we are not here to do your homework for you. Usually an assignment leads on from lessons taught in class so try to think about the work you've completed recently and how it might relate to this assignment.

If you are stuck, you should primarily ask your tutor for assistance or classmates for collaborative support.

But you can help yourself by reading your own question and doing research in Google. For example, your first requirement is to create a dialog box that prompts the user to enter their name in to a form. Google "how to create a JavaScript dialogue box" and try out a few things. Also ask yourself when the JavaScript fires; on page load perhaps? And then add that to your search criteria.

Approach the assignment in stages while you research and write your code.

Good luck

jscheuer1
12-13-2015, 12:43 AM
I agree with Beverley (see post immediately above) on this, yet will provide one more clue for now. Once you've figured out how to get the input from the user, a simple alert should suffice to send a personalized message back to them, so also Google "javascript alert" to see how that last bit is done.

Further, if you actually have worked something out - sort of, but are still having problems with it. Show us what you have. We can probably then provide more specific clues at that point.