PDA

View Full Version : Lightbox viewer help, please

TerriC
11-11-2015, 08:10 PM
1) Script Title: Lightbox image viewer 2.1

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/lightbox2/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I copied the coding and in preview, only get the images in a new tab on the browser. I don't get the "box" on top of the screen.

Beverleyh
11-11-2015, 09:23 PM
Not sure what you mean by "in preview" - do you mean locally from within a web building software?

Most of the regulars here code manually, so it's unlikely that we'll be able to offer any advice there, but I'm guessing that you're trying to test locally, and that could be your problem. Try uploading your page/scripts/images online to your web host to see if that works (some scripts need to be online to function).

If you need further help, we need to see your actual page - we can't troubleshoot anything we can't see.

TerriC
11-11-2015, 09:30 PM
Hey! I figured it out, after posting my comment, similar posts came up and I read through them, it was the js location...

BUT now my issue is that the "Prev" or "Next" are not appearing in the pictures...:(

Beverleyh
11-12-2015, 08:28 AM
Not sure - have you setup 'grouping'? From the demo page;

LightBox version 2 also adds the ability to group multiple image links together, so an image gallery is created out of the enlarged images:

<a href="images/image-1.jpg" rel="lightbox[roadtrip]">image #1</a>
<a href="images/image-2.jpg" rel="lightbox[roadtrip]">image #2</a>
<a href="images/image-3.jpg" rel="lightbox[roadtrip]">image #3</a>

To offer any specific help, we need a link to your actual page.

TerriC
11-16-2015, 08:09 PM
Not sure - have you setup 'grouping'? From the demo page;

To offer any specific help, we need a link to your actual page.

Belated thank you for your reply and assistance Beverleyh. I uploaded the pages and the images, and now only see a few pictures come up in the lightbox, not all of them. I tried renaming the images, to no avail. Downsized one pic to see if it was the size of the pic, doesn't help. Here's the page(s) I am working on, you'd click on the property image for the lightbox show...http://rentalsinlivingston.com/Wilmont.html

Clueless now on why images won't show up. Only on the residential page, the 109 Bickford Place one works and shows all images! Rest don't. Aaaaaiiiiieeee! ha ha.:confused:

Beverleyh
11-16-2015, 08:31 PM
Some of your image paths are incorrect. Double check those and make sure that letter-case matches too. Applies to the file extension also. UNIX servers are case-sensitive whereas Windows isn't. This means that paths may appear to work fine locally on your Windows computer, but once you upload them online, things stop working.

TerriC
11-16-2015, 10:47 PM
Some of your image paths are incorrect. Double check those and make sure that letter-case matches too. Applies to the file extension also. UNIX servers are case-sensitive whereas Windows isn't. This means that paths may appear to work fine locally on your Windows computer, but once you upload them online, things stop working.

Wow, case sensitive, huh? Good to know. Will give it a try. Thanks so much for the reply and advice!! :o

TerriC
11-16-2015, 10:52 PM
The first unit worked. Will definitely remember this lesson! Thanks again, Beverleyh!!

Beverleyh
11-17-2015, 03:58 PM
No problem - Glad you got it working :)